Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cake with a frosting that bakes right on top.
Make and share this Banana Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup smart balance stick margarine
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, broken
- .In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add banana, margarine, milk, and vanilla. Beat on low until combined. Add eggs and beat on medium for two minutes. Stir in the finely chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x9x2 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, in a small bowl, stir together sour cream and brown sugar. Spoon evenly over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with broken nuts. Bake about 5 minutes more or until frosting is set. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.