Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Julie Nowakowski of Illinois, this dessert was included in the 2007 Taste of Home Christmas Edition.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13x9x2-inch pan size)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 (5 1/8 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanuts. Spread into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Slice bananas and arrange in a single layer over cooled brownies then sprinkle with 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and spread on top of all. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and peanuts, chopped.
This sounded good but was disappointing to us. The pudding mix was too dense for our taste.