Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just a DELISH BANANA BREAD LOAF, look NO further! This is flavorful and very moist loaf. From FAMILY FUN MAG., recipe adapted with Berries and Nuts!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, rt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripened banana (approx.2/3 Bananas depending on size)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Grease 10x5 Loaf Pan. (smaller may cause spillage in oven by batter overflowing).
- Sift Flour Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt in Bowl (set aside).
- Mash Bananas, add sour cream then stir to blend (set aside).
- Cream butter with mixer (I use my Kitchenaid Mixer), add Sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beating well, stir in Vanilla Extract.
- Add Banana/sour cream mixture~ continue to beat 3 minutes.
- Add Flour Mixture into mixture, continue to beat 3 minutes, then stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into Loaf Pan and Bake at 325 F (yes this low OT is correct) between 60-75 minutes ~ test with toothpick in center.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Slice ~ Serve ~ Enjoy! Can wrap tightly and store in refrigerator for immediate use or freeze.