Recipe by trelawney8
This is adapted from the Fannie Farmer cookbook. No fat and maple syrup as the sugar! Also egg and dairy free. (The soy flour and water replace the egg)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix the bananas, syrup, soy flour and water in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the walnuts and cranberries and blend.
- Put the batter in the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve still warm or cooled, as you like it.