Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cranberry bread & banana bread are so good and thought this cake would taste great. I found this recipe on another website and adapted it for posting here. If you prefer a quick bread, use 1/2 cup sour cream instead of the 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, 3 medium ripe and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, add beaten eggs with cream cheese. With a whisk blend in brown sugar and oil, mix well.
- Stir in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, mashed banana and flour.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch round cake pan or if making quick bread a 12 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan. Can also use 6 mini loaf pans for mini loaves.
- Bake in 375° oven for 50 minutes checking for doneness using a knife in the center of the cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. When cool, loosen edges and turn onto rack to completely cool.
- Slice and serve or wrap in plastic wrap and foil for freezing. This will keep in the freezer for 6 months.
i really liked this bread. i substituted 3/4 cup applesauce for the oil, and 1/2 cup light sour cream for the cream cheese. it turned out moist and with the perfect amount of sweetness. i don't know how it would be if you made it exactly as directed, though.