Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Woman's Day
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, plus extra
- dried cranberries, for decoration
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons milk
- Place 3/4 cup cranberries in small bowl; fill with hot water to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes to soften; drain and reserve.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- You’ll need a baking sheet(s) lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and bananas until well blended and bananas are mashed.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour until just blended.
- Stir in reserved cranberries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop level tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet(s).
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat ingredients in a medium bowl with mixer on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons frosting on each cookie.
- Decorate tops of cookies with dried cranberries to resemble flowers. Refrigerate cookies to set frosting.
- Storage Tip: Store airtight in refrigerator with wax paper between layers up to 1 week.
*Made for Australia/NZ swap #73* This is a great soft cookie ! I didn't make the icing, but would for a holiday cookie platter. The only change I made was to reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup. I used a tablespoon scoop which made 45 cookies, which baked nicely in 15 minutes -- (I did the first batch 18 minutes, but they were dry.) We thought the flavor bland after cooling, but next day had developed a very nice banana tone with the craisins. Will save this for Christmas baking. Thanks for posting. Mom2Rose.