Recipe by JANIC412
Top Review by Messy Kitchen Maid
I must have done something wrong because these didn't turn out.The dough was way too wet to roll,even with lots of flour added to the board.I dropped them by teaspoon unto a foiled greased cookie sheet and had a hard time getting them loose.What I did get off the sheet ,had a very good taste.I am sure I must have missed something.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 and grease a 12x15 inch cookie sheet. In a med. size bowl using a pastry blender, mix butter, flour and 1/8 teaspoons salt together until crumbly.
- Using a fork, stir in Tabasco and banana.
- On a floured surface, knead mixture gently adding a small amount of flour if necessary to make the dough firm.
- Divide dough into half and roll out one half at a time on a floured surface until thin enough to cover prepared cookie sheet. Place dough on cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut through dough into 1" squares.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove crackers with a spatula and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with second half of the dough.