Recipe by nope
Couscous adds great texture to this pretty parfait. Serve it year-round by using whichever fruits are in season.
Top Review by Amy020
This was fine - just okay, IMO. I won't make it again. Maybe my expectations were too high, but the couscous gave the pudding a funky texture - I was expecting creamier, tapioca-like consistency, but my MIL asked, "what's the gritty stuff?" Pudding and fruit would have been fine - no need to add the couscous, unless, since it's whole wheat, you're absolutely desperate to add more fiber to your diet!
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄8 ounce mint leaf
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 ounce sugar-free fat free instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a microwave-safe bowl in microwave.
- Carefully remove from microwave and stir in couscous.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5 minutes until couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions using fat-free milk.
- Stir in couscous (it is okay if couscous is still warm).
- Let stand 5 minutes until pudding is set.
- To make parfaits, layer about 2 tablespoons of pudding, then 2 tablespoons of bananas, 2 tablespoons of pudding, then 2 tablespoons of strawberries in each of 4 tall parfait or other tall thin glasses. Repeat layers once.
- Garnish with mint sprigs if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Yields 1 parfait per serving.