Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves these! It's a spin on a recipe I found on a cornflour package. Since I made these he doesn't want the regular pancakes anymore.
- 2 cups cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- In a large bowl, mix cornflour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Separately, blend eggs, milk, vanilla extract and bananas.
- Pour mixture unto dry ingredients and beat.
- Melt butter and mix in with the rest.
- Heat greased pan and pour half a cup of the mixture at a time. They are kinda tricky to flip over because the mixture is fluffy, so cook them covered, it speeds up the process.
- When top is dry, flip and brown on the other side. All done!
These are great. I was searching for some pancakes for my son who is gluten free, and found your recipe. Every one in the family loved them and now we have a yummy pancake recipe he can enjoy. Thx!
This was a very good recipe. I had some buttermilk and corn flour that I wanted to use, so I did a search and found this recipe. I even had 2 slightly overripe bananas, so this recipe was made for me. I wasn't sure about using 100% corn flour, so I substituted 2/3 cup of corn flour with all purpose flour. I also added some applesauce and only used 1/2 the butter, but I always substitute at least half the fat when I'm making pancakes. Next time I'll go with all corn flour and all applesauce. With the banana, vanilla and cinnamon, my son didn't even know they were made with corn.