Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Modified a recipe I found from a post cereal box. This is wonderful. Extremely unique.
Make and share this Banana Cornflake Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cereal
- 1 cup walnuts
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter, add in sugar slowly.
- Once it is well creamed, add in eggs.
- Mix in water and bananas.
- Add in Flour mixture, stir till it is moistened.
- Stir in cereal and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Vanessa, my friend, this is WONDERFUL! I baked this today in the afternoon. I am baking today after ages! I used cashews as a substitute for the walnuts and margarine as a substitute for the butter. For cereal, I used Honey Nut Corn Flakes(my favourite cereal as of late!). I used 1 banana(I didnt check to see how much it would come up to when mashed). This took exactly 1 hour to bake in my AMC's Dutch Oven. My kitchen smelt wonderful when I took this out of my oven. I have to also say that this really looks like it's readymade / store bought. It has come out beautifully risen and looks, smells and tastes A-W-E-S-O-M-E! It was easy to put together and the result is just too good! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe:)
MMMMM Very good Banana Bread I couldn't wait to make this being it has corn flakes in it, yummy!!The result is what i was waiting for a very good Banana bread i cooked it a little long that the cooking time so the crust was a little hard but it was still good with some honey butter melted on to it. thanks for the recipe
What a great recipe! I followed the recipe exactly except I used 1/2 whole wheat flour 1/2 regular. It was terrific. I loved the crunch that the cornflakes (I used plain, not sweetened)gave it. A nice twist to banana bread.