Kid-friendly. Moist, easy and a tasty muffin for "on-the-go" people. Basic recipe from Cooking Light-Tara Bennett; I added egg and optional nuts and raisins. Easily doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Combine milk, bananas, egg, (and nuts and raisins, if using).
- Mix in a medium bowl; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon mixture into well-oiled muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
- Have not tried it, but probably would freeze well.
yummy! I added coconut and raisins and found them to be very tasty. Now I know what to do with the last overly ripened banana! thanks!
Wow! These turned out so good! So very easy to make and very healthy! These kind of recipes I love! The only thing I did not add was raisins and nuts just because we didnt' have any. My kids loved these so much they wanted to make them again tommorow! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Instead of a box of cornbread mix, I used the Arrowhead Mills cornbread mix that comes in a bag, and measured out 8.5 ounces on my kitchen scale. This came out too dense for our taste. No one really wants to finish up the leftovers. They are better re-heated with butter on them, says my daughter. Too bad. I made them to use up an old banana I had. I won't be making this recipe again. I liked how it was only 6 muffins (although I got 8 out of the batch) and I liked the low-calories and healthy aspects.