Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is orginally a raisin drop cookie recipe but i ommited the raisins, cinnamon and vanilla and this is what you get. Recipe may be double since it is only 1/4 of the orginal recipe If mixture is still dry after adding all ingridents add a small amount of milk or water to moisten it up.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together margrine and brown sugar.
- Add egg and beat. Then add baking powder and flour.
- Mash banana(this banana may be frozen or fresh) and add chocolate chips if using.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes ot until browned.
These were not sweet at all. I didnt like them and will not be making them again.
These cookies are nice and soft with a very mild banana flavour. I would prefer a stronger taste of banana. The chocolate chips overpowered the cookie in my opinion. My husband liked them just the way the are. I likely will try them again and add another banana to the mix. Nearly forgot, I ran out of flour so added about 1/4 cup of oatmeal and a tsp. of vanilla. Thanks for the recipe.
Mmmmm, I love banana-flavored sweets. This produced a pleasant soft cookie. I left out the chocolate chips because I don't like them. I did like that the recipe didn't produce a jillion more cookies than I can eat at a time.