Recipe by CookingMonster
I had some left over ripe bananas and I am getting tired of making banana bread. Wanted a change and found this recipe. It really wasn't something that I would normally try, but I am glad that I did. These are wonderful, although next time I would skip the raisins and add chocolate chips instead. A real cakey cookie. I can't remember how many cookies I got out of a mix, so I will guess.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift 1st four ingredients together.
- Mix next 4 ingredients thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Stir in chips or raisins and bananas.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. This is a soft cakey cookie.