Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich decadent cake, i serve this during Christmas morning with a hot pot of freshly brewed coffee.
Make and share this Banana Coffee Cake With Streusel Topping recipe from Food.com.
crumb topping (STREUSEL)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9 1/2 x 4 inch tube pan.
- Stir chopped chocolate, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Stir till blended, set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer till light and creamy.
- Add sugar gradually.
- When mixture is fluffy, add egg 1 at a time.
- Beat in mashed bananas, coffee and buttermilk.
- Add in dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour half of batter in prepared tube pan.
- Sprinkle half of the streusel topping.
- Repeat with remaining batter ending with streusel topping.
- Bake banana coffeecake about 45 minutes.
- Till tester comes out clean when dipped in the center.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Slice and Serve warm.