Recipe by VickyJ
This was a great coffee cake. It's really easy to make and goes great with a cup of hot coffee, cocoa, or just a big glass of milk.
Top Review by richandarlene
This cake cake out all goopy. I even tried leaving it in the oven longer and still goop. The glaze was very starchy and not enjoyable either. Be safe and find another recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 3⁄4 cup mashed strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- water, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg slightly, stir in the sour cream, milk & vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in the liquid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fold in mashed banana.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares & serve warm or cold -- or with Strawberry Glaze and dust with powdered sugar, if you wish.
- GLAZE: In small saucepan, combine mashed strawberries, powdered sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear and slightly thickened (add water, if needed). Cool. Pour glaze over cake. Chill.