Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a great coffee cake. It's really easy to make and goes great with a cup of hot coffee, cocoa, or just a big glass of milk.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 3⁄4 cup mashed strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg slightly, stir in the sour cream, milk & vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in the liquid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fold in mashed banana.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares & serve warm or cold -- or with Strawberry Glaze and dust with powdered sugar, if you wish.
- GLAZE: In small saucepan, combine mashed strawberries, powdered sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear and slightly thickened (add water, if needed). Cool. Pour glaze over cake. Chill.
This cake cake out all goopy. I even tried leaving it in the oven longer and still goop. The glaze was very starchy and not enjoyable either. Be safe and find another recipe.