1/3 Photos of Banana Coffee Cake W/ Macadamia-Coconut Streusel
Sinful, tropical treat perfect for any morning. Cooking Light November 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup banana, mased (about 2 large ripe bananas)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- 3Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 4Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 5Combine banana and next 5 ingredients (banana through egg) in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute or until well blended.
- 6Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and beat until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- 9Carefully peel off wax paper.
- 10Combine brown sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 11Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Remove from heat; stir in nuts and coconut.
- 13Spread over cake.
- 14Serve cake warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Coffee Cake W/ Macadamia-Coconut Streusel
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g