Sinful, tropical treat perfect for any morning. Cooking Light November 2002
Make and share this Banana Coffee Cake W/ Macadamia-Coconut Streusel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup banana, mased (about 2 large ripe bananas)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine banana and next 5 ingredients (banana through egg) in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and beat until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Carefully peel off wax paper.
- Combine brown sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts and coconut.
- Spread over cake.
- Serve cake warm.
This was good. I made everything exactly as directed. I love the coconut streusel. Thanks!
We loved this cake!! Made it to bring over to my parents - and they (and we!) loved it! The cake was moist and very tasty and we loved the little sauce (though we used the whole sauce for about 1/2 the cake!!)! It didn't taste at all like a light cake!! Thanks Cynna!!