Sweet Diva's Note:
This recipe is from Breakbeckers - the co-op where I order my grains & bread supplies from. Posted for safe-keeping - made public at the request of a friend....and for any fellow wheat grinders out there. :) **NOTE** I do not know the substitutions for all-purpose/store bought wheat flour. The flour amounts will not be the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups cups of freshly ground soft white wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of freshly ground soft white wheat flour
- 1 cup banana, Mashed, Ripe (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mild honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat a 9" round cake pan sith cooking spray.
- 3Line bottom of pan with wax paper.
- 4Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- 5Combine dry ingredients.
- 6Combine bananas, honey, oil, vanilla and egg.
- 7Beat until well blended.
- 8Add flour mixture and beat until blended.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and carefully remove wax paper.
- 11Prepare topping:.
- 12Combine Sucanat, water and butter in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 13Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat, stir in nuts and coconuts.
- 15Spread topping over baked cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Coffee Cake (Using Freshly Milled Flour)
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2279.1
- Calories from Fat 1097
- Total Fat 121.9 g
- Saturated Fat 53.0 g
- Cholesterol 257.3 mg
- Sodium 1889.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.4 g
- Sugars 117.7 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: