Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This recipe is from Breakbeckers - the co-op where I order my grains & bread supplies from. Posted for safe-keeping - made public at the request of a friend....and for any fellow wheat grinders out there. :) **NOTE** I do not know the substitutions for all-purpose/store bought wheat flour. The flour amounts will not be the same.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cups of freshly ground soft white wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup of freshly ground soft white wheat flour
- 1 cup banana, Mashed, Ripe (about 2 large bananas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup mild honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sucanat or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 tablespoons dried unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" round cake pan sith cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with wax paper.
- Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine bananas, honey, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and carefully remove wax paper.
- Prepare topping:.
- Combine Sucanat, water and butter in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts and coconuts.
- Spread topping over baked cake.