Recipe by truebrit
This cake is so yummy and easy to make! Perfect with a nice hot cuppa! I originally found this in Quick Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by nita 284904 southern girl
If you want the best banana coffee cake ever, you"ve GOT to make this. It's moistness and flavor can't be beat.... i did as Kohtzy did and use the BANANA STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE STREUSEL TOPPING, i just doubled it.. Adding half of it to the batter left the perfect amount for the topping.. You mix 1 and 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar, 1 and 1/3 cup all purpose flour, 2 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl, then cut in 2 sticks salted butter.. Now add 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, mix in... Add half to coffee cake batter before adding batter to baking pan and place remainder hear and there on top.... Check doneness at 30 minutes, mine took about 10 minutes more time. Place a piece of lightly coated cooking spray on foil to keep from sticking if getting to brown.. I took this to a senior meeting and everyone said it was delicious, a 10 star plus.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and add gradually to the creamed mixture.
- Mix the topping ingredients together; add half to the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool, then cut into slices.