1/1 Photo of Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake
Sweeten it. Add a drained 20oz can of crushed pineapple to the topping. Omit the lemon juice and arrange the bananas on top of the pineapple. Be fruitful. Be sure the bananas are ripe yet firm. If they're green, they'll be tasteless. If they're too ripe, they'll turn to mush. I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in All You magazine. Cost per servings is .93 cents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 bananas, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Make topping: Melt butter over medium-high heat in a 10-12 ovenproof skillet that is at least 2-inches deep. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring often, until smooth, 1 minute. Add lemon juice; stir until bubbling, 1 minute. Arrange bananas in a flat layer over bottom of pan and cook until softened, 2 minutes. Sprinkle coconut on top and remove from heat.
- 2Make cake: Mix flour, baking powder and salt. With an electric mixer, beat butter on high speed until creamy, 3 minutes. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Reduce speed and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Alternate adding flour, mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour.
- 3Pour batter over bananas; spread evenly. Be careful not to mix bananas and coconut into batter.
- 4Bake until cake springs back slightly when touched in center, 30-40 minutes. Let cake sit in skillet for 5 minutes to allow juices to blend into cake. Run a knife around outside of cake to loosen, then carefully invert onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.4
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g