Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A healthier, yet still delicious, variation to the fat and sugar loaded typical pie. This pie freezes well, and the longer it's left in the fridge before eating, the softer and better the crust tastes. I used extra coconut and banana chips to decorate the pie. I think the package of tofu was around 13 oz...I used the lite version. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 -3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze or 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup any milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (13 ounce) package firm silken tofu
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package fat free white chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Wet/grease hands and press crust ingredients frimly into a pie plate.
- Poke holes in crust with a toothpick and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together lemon juice, water, and gelatin until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend all remaining ingredients with the gelatin mixture until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for 2 or more hours until set.