Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was printed in the Baton Rouge Advocate. I'm saving it here for future reference.
- 473.18 ml stone-ground rice flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut
- 158.51 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and flaked coconut. Mix dry ingredients well and make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, beaten egg, oil, and mashed banana.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.