Recipe by bunkie68
This recipe was printed in the Baton Rouge Advocate. I'm saving it here for future reference.
- 2 cups stone-ground rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and flaked coconut. Mix dry ingredients well and make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, beaten egg, oil, and mashed banana.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.