- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
- Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.