A local morning show has a Muffin of the Month recipe every month, and this one was March's. The recipe comes from A'Bravo Catering in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line muffin cups with liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until muffins are puffed and golden.
- Transfer muffins to a rack to cool.