Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was so happy to have spotted this recipe. I have made a banana bread recipe that my family swears is the best ever. I want to try this one, it sounds a little bit different from the one I normally bake, but thought I should post it here at the Zaar 8) Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jarcoarsely chopped macadamia nuts (walnuts are OK, 2/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 3 5 1/2x3-inch mini loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine everything except bananas, juice, coconut and nuts.
- Beat at low speed, scrape the bowl often, beat until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bananas and juice; continue beating, scraping bowl, until well mixed (1 minute).
- Stir in coconut and nuts with hands (batter should be thick).
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool.
- **NOTE: You may bake this bread in 1 greased (9x5-inch) loaf pan for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
The kids really enjoyed this variation of an old favorite. They especially liked the coconut in it. I used walnuts as suggested and followed the recipe exactly. It took about 60 minutes to bake even in my convection oven, so the exterior got a little over browned. Next time, I'll try backing the temperature down to 325Â°. Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Ocean~Ivy!