Recipe by Boyz 5
Another excellent recipe from Jean Pare's "Company's Coming" cookbook. Tasty with or without the nuts or cherries!!!
Top Review by BIG_CHIEF
Had a bunch of overripe bananas to use up, soI made a double batch and added 1/2 tsp of Vietnamese cinnamon to all. DH doesn't like walnuts, so I added them to "my" loaf. This was just delicious! Very moist and FULL of FLAVOR! What a simple, great recipe! Thanks for sharing, Boys 5.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup medium grind coconut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- maraschino cherry, cut up (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break eggs in mixing bowl.
- Beat until light and frothy.
- Add sugar and melted butter.
- Beat well.
- Stir in mashed banana and flavouring.
- In another bowl, measure in remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour over batter.
- Stir just to combine.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan 9 by 5 by 3 inch.
- Bake for 1 hour in 350 degree oven until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.