Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great bread/cake for breakfast.
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine bananas, milk, egg and vanilla separately.
- Pour into flour mixture and combine.
- Put into to tin and bake for 1 hour until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve as you would toast.
Very nice loaf, not a very strong flavour, but lovely and moist.
This is delicious, a beautiful mix of flavours. Keeps for 1 week in an airtight container. Leave to cool in pan for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Also, you can slice this and freeze in individual portions, defrost @ room temperature and toast, mmmm.