Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is originally a Thai recipe that is great on a cold night, or after a light meal. It's not too heavy, so it's not like a traditional dessert.
- Toast a thin layer of sesame seeds in the oven. If you put the heat up pretty high, this should only about three minutes. Remove when they are a golden brown.
- Peel and slice bananas into centimeter-thick coins.
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan, and put the heat to medium-high.
- When the milk warms up, add the cup of sugar. You might want to do this in smaller increments. I usually don't measure, I just add and taste until it tastes sweet enough for me.
- Add the bananas, and simmer until the coins are heated through, stirring occasionally. don't allow the pot to boil.
- Seperate into bowls and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Serve warm.