Recipe by cookiedog
This is adapted from Smoothies & Summer Drinks. Freezing the bananas ahead of time makes for a thicker smoothie. To freeze the bananas I usually peel, slice, and then place them in an airtight container and then freeze. This can be made in a blender or in a large pitcher and puree using an immersion blender.
- 354.88 ml light coconut milk (do not use coconut cream)
- 354.88 ml pineapple juice, chilled
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 3 ice cubes
- 3 medium ripe bananas, frozen
- toasted shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coconut milk, pineapple juice, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, ice cubes, and frozen banana pieces in a blender.
- Blend on high until mixture is frothy and ice cubes are finely ground, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour into 4 glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle on a little toasted coconut if desired.
- For Vegan omit whipped cream.