Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Natural Health Magazine, Jan/Feb 2013. Mr Grumpy saw this while at the hospital and asked me to make it when he gets home. The chia seeds thicken up the milk without the use of flour.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light agave syrup
- cinnamon, pinch of
- berries (for garnish)
- mint leaf (for garnish)
- Place milk and chia seeds in a saucepan and heat over medium heat to a low simmer, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, stir in all the remaining ingredients except for the garnishes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide into four serving dishes and cool for at least an hour in the refrigerator. Garnish just before serving.
As a dessert not so sure but as a breakfast what a nice healthy and tasty way to start the day. No an overly sweet pudding which is part of why I liked having the left over for breakfast but DH poured more sugar over his (eye roll). Topped mine with a little additional banana and coconut which is not as pretty as mint or berries but was what I had on hand. Thanks for the post.
This is very easy to do. I like the taste of the coconut in it but less the banana. So another time I may try only with coconut. I used pure maple syrup instead of agave syrup. Thanks duonyte :) Made for PRMR tag game