Recipe by Mr. Bill in TN
Moist loaf......great for guests at breakfast.
Top Review by Maiya
I have to admit when I first tasted this bread, I wasn't all that impressed. It was good, but not outstanding. However, the next day it was SO much better. You MUST wait to eat this. After sitting the banana flavor becomes much more intense. This is a great, moist, flavorful bread and I will be making it again and again!
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, soda, and salt together.
- Cream butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and combine well.
- Mix in bananas, then dry ingredients alternating buttermilk.
- Mix almost all the coconut, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Bake loaf for 60 to 70 minutes, until loaf feels firm to the touch.
- About half way through baking, sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.