Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Rich, creamy and filling... this is delicious, easy, healthy and tastes more fattening than it should. Any questions ?
- 1 large banana, chopped
- 100 ml milk (skim works perfectly. Can also be made vegan no problem)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (Add more if you like yours chocolatey)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute, syrup, honey or jam. I used a generous teaspoon of fig jam, which gave it a gre)
- Heat milk if desired. If unsure, consider whether the idea of a sweet, rich, banana-y drink made WARM is sickly or sublime to your tastebuds.
- Combine all ingredients a blender or food processor until smooth.
Hi there - what a terrific smoothie! I have had one for breakfast three mornings straight! :) I used 2% milk (what I always use), unsweetened raspberry preserves, a little splenda & of course the banana, & the unsweetened cocoa, made it with a little ice in the food processor! Wonderful and am so happy I tried it and thanks for posting it, Diane :) Reviewed it for "I Recommend ....New Thread" on QueenBee49444's review! ;)
This is pretty good. DD (5 years old) liked it. I added some Q'ia cerial by natures path to make it healthier and liked it for a little energy boost. I used very ripe bananas, cashew butter and water to make a dairy free milk, fair trade organic cocoa powder, &, organic, raw, local honey. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.
I've been making this for a while now and really like it. For some reason I've had difficulties getting the texture right when doubling it so I've taken to using frozen bananas and adding a few ice cubes or cold left over oatmeal. Now that I think about it, I don't believe my kids have ever had this one without oatmeal in it ;)