Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Banana Cocoa Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine oats and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, bananas, sugars, oil and vanilla until blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in the oatmeal mixture.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
This is such a LOVE in my house.. my kiddos ask me to make it for their birthday cakes!!! We turn them into cupcakes for portion control and ease of serving :)
I accidentally rated this recipe.
Moist , cake-like and VERY much like eating chocolate banana bread! My bananas weren't completely mashed , so I have some pieces throughout the brownies ... Bake time was right on for me , and they are definitely a stickier type brownie , but they are really good. My photo will show really dark , because I always use black cocoa to make anything that calls for cocoa ... Good easy recipe! Made for Fall PAC '08