I found this recipe on a cereal site and I modified it a little. It is full of fiber and perfect for the Weight Watchers Diet. My DH loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 3/4 cup skim milk or 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1 banana, diced (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 -4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a bowl mix together salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and cocoa, set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine Fiber One Cereal and Milk and allow to stand till milk is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- 4After milk is absorbed, mix in egg whites and apple sauce, beating well. Stir in bananas, if using.
- 5Mix in dry ingredients, stirring only till combined. Mixture will be thick.
- 6Portion dough into 10 greased muffin pan cups.
- 7Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Cocoa Bran Muffins-Ww
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: