Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on a cereal site and I modified it a little. It is full of fiber and perfect for the Weight Watchers Diet. My DH loves them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 banana, diced (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 -4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and cocoa, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine Fiber One Cereal and Milk and allow to stand till milk is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- After milk is absorbed, mix in egg whites and apple sauce, beating well. Stir in bananas, if using.
- Mix in dry ingredients, stirring only till combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Portion dough into 10 greased muffin pan cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
These came out pretty good, although I didn't have some ingredients so I had to sub for them. I didn't use bananas, and instead of applesauce (I always buy for bakking and eat it all before I get a chance to bake with it) I used 1 heaping tbsp of light margarine. I also added a tbsp of dark choc chips and used dark unsweetened cocoa and vanilla soymilk. And to add even more fiber, I used all whole wheat flour. I made these for my family and they hate fake sugar so I subbed sugar for splenda. Overall, they came out great, although I think I cooked them too long (couldn't tell when they were browned haha) so they are just a tad overdone..but besides that, they are a very enjoyable and uber-healthy treat. Thanks, Nane!