Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from the Australian Women's Weekly Oriental Dinner Party Cookbook. It is essential to use over-ripe bananas for this recipie
- Cream butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light anf fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Process or blend bananas, lemon and orange juices until smooth and liquified.
- Stir sifted flour and soda and banana mixture into creamed mixture.
- Pour into well greased lightly floured loaf tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 40 minutes.
- Stand for 5 minutes.
- Invert tin onto a wire rack, stand for a further 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- For the syrup, combine sugar, water and orange juice in a pan, bring to the boil and pour it onto the cake whilst hot.