1/3 Photos of Banana Cinnamon Pancakes With Butter Rum Sauce
This is one of my favorite pancake recipes. The butter rum sauce provides a grown-up, Carribean flavor to this childhood favorite. You can leave out the rum or use rum extract, however, the dark rum provides a nice flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Butter Rum Sauce
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl mix together milk, sugar, 2 T oil, egg, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is almost smooth.
- 4Fold the bananas into the batter.
- 5Let rest, loosely covered, for 20 minutes.
- 6Combine the melted butter and 1 T oil. Put small amount in skillet.
- 7For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter. Cook over medium heat. Serve with butter rum sauce.
- 8Butter Rum Sauce:.
- 9Combine all the ingredients into a glass measuring cup. Cook on medium power in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cinnamon Pancakes With Butter Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 235.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g