Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Fanny Farmer recipe. I like the addition on cinnamon and vanilla, and sea salt provides better flavor then regular salt. Ground sea salt is available in most grocery and gourmet or health food stores
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten until light
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In large bowl, mash bananas well-there should be few lumps.
- In small bowl, beat two eggs until light.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add eggs to bananas and mix.
- Add vanilla and butter to bananas and mix.
- Add dry ingredients one cup at a time, mixing between each cup.
- When batter is well blended-it will be thick but not stiff-place in muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F or until knife inserted in muffin comes out clean.
I am on a muffin kick and discovered these today. Really enjoyed them. They taste like a mini banana loaf of bread. Ended up using 2 bananas, and omited the salt (by accident) and vanilla. Upped the cinnamon to 2 tsp. Submitted a change to the cooking time, because mine were completely done before 20 min. There is no way 35-40 is correct. Thanks for sharing!
A very tasty recipe! My batch made 12 muffins, and I reduced the salt to 1/4 tsp. These were great! thanks for the recipe!
The whole family loved these muffins and I will definately be making more. I got 12 mini muffins and 9 regular muffins out of one batch. I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the muffins before putting them in the oven. The mini muffins were done after 10 minutes, and the regular in 20 minutes.