Recipe by JJBlue
Adapted from Fanny Farmer recipe. I like the addition on cinnamon and vanilla, and sea salt provides better flavor then regular salt. Ground sea salt is available in most grocery and gourmet or health food stores
Top Review by Loves2Teach
I am on a muffin kick and discovered these today. Really enjoyed them. They taste like a mini banana loaf of bread. Ended up using 2 bananas, and omited the salt (by accident) and vanilla. Upped the cinnamon to 2 tsp. Submitted a change to the cooking time, because mine were completely done before 20 min. There is no way 35-40 is correct. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten until light
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mash bananas well-there should be few lumps.
- In small bowl, beat two eggs until light.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add eggs to bananas and mix.
- Add vanilla and butter to bananas and mix.
- Add dry ingredients one cup at a time, mixing between each cup.
- When batter is well blended-it will be thick but not stiff-place in muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F or until knife inserted in muffin comes out clean.