Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Eagle Brand Website **Directions listed for both ice cream freezer and fridge-freezer method.
Top Review by PaulaG
It seems that I always have ripe bananas in the freezer. The ice cream afforded another opportunity to use them. This was made in my ice cream freezer using 3 very ripe bananas. The mixture was mixed up and placed in the refrigerator overnight to chill thoroughly. The finished product was spooned into a metal pan with a tight fighting lid for freezer storage. After ripening in the freezer for several hours we had a delicious dessert. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In ice cream freezer container, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Refrigerator-Freezer Method: Omit half-and-half.
- In large bowl, combine EAGLE BRAND® and vanilla; stir in bananas and cinnamon.
- Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped (do not use non-dairy whipped topping).
- Pour into 9x5 inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container; cover.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Store leftovers covered in freezer.