Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This tastes like banana bread with a touch of cinnamon frosting. It's great and so easy. Recipe found in news stand magazine called: SuperMoist Cake Mix Recipes by Betty Crocker.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana (2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup ready to spread cream cheese frosting
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 12-cup bundt cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, water, bananas, butter, cinnamon and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 43-53 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn pan upside-down onto wire rack or heatproof serving plate and remove pan.
- Cool completely. Once cool drizzle Cinnamon Glaze over cake.
- Cinnamon Glaze: Stir all ingredients together until thin enough to drizzle. Sprinkle top with cinnamon for presentation.
Just had to THANK YOU for taking the time to post such a Delicious recipe. DH loved it, and everyone else did too. The cinnamon glaze topping was a wonderful addition to just the usual plain cream cheese frostings. This Recipe is a KEEPER!!