Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are amazingly good!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked banana cereal (I used Target Brand Archer Farms)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons banana yogurt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray either 6 large muffin baking cup pan or 12 small muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make the topping, combine flour, cinnamon and sugar, cutting in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereal, banana puree and applesauce, if your banana puree is short some, top off with some banana yogurt.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, or until cereal is softened.
- Once cereal is soft, add the oil, cinnamon chips and the vanilla.
- Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, stirring until combined, you will need to add the banana yogurt to make it not such a stiff dough, you may need up to 1/4 cup.
- Divide the mixture to muffin cups evenly.
- Sprinkle the muffins evenly with the topping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack, cover with a tea towel for 5 minutes.
- After the five minutes, run a butter knife around the muffins, then remove very carefully, they are very soft and delicate.
- Cool completely, place in tupperware lined with a paper towel.
- Freeze after 1-2 days, wrapped in plastic wrap.