Top Review by Elkaybee
This was very easy to prepare. I made it 1 month before Christmas and gave some for gifts... One recipient has asked for the recipe and husband loves it...which means an extra star as he has been eating the same old bought chutney for years.
- 450 g bananas
- 225 g dried dates
- 50 g crystallized ginger
- 450 ml white wine vinegar
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1 finely grated orange, juice and zest of
- 225 g sultanas
- 275 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel bananas and chop into small pieces.
- Stone and chop the dates and chop the ginger.
- Put all the prepared ingredients in a pot with the vinegar, lime and orange zest and juice, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir ober a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Return to the boil and simmer, stirring frequently for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon the chutney into warmed sterilixed jars to within 3 mm of the top.
- Seal the jars and label.
- Store in a cool dark place for 1-2 months before using to allow the flavours to develop.