1/3 Photos of Banana Churros
Sweet fried dough that is wonderful for dessert or breakfast. These are best served warm and have a mild banana flavor. Recipe slightly adapted from Ivy Stark. Prep & Servings are an estimate. These are wonderful served with Mexican Banana Splits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water, butter and milk to a boil. Add the flour and baking powder, stirring rapidly until a soft ball is formed and dough pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the banana.
- 3Allow to cool for a few minutes and pipe into 2 - 4 inch tubes with a pastry bag filled with a star tip.
- 4Fry in 350°F oil until golden brown.
- 5Combine the cinnamon and sugar or if you would like more of a pronounced banana flavor use plain granulated sugar.
- 6While the churros are still warm, dust with cinnamon sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Churros
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g