Recipe by cookiedog
Sweet fried dough that is wonderful for dessert or breakfast. These are best served warm and have a mild banana flavor. Recipe slightly adapted from Ivy Stark. Prep & Servings are an estimate. These are wonderful served with Mexican Banana Splits.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 ounces butter (1/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water, butter and milk to a boil. Add the flour and baking powder, stirring rapidly until a soft ball is formed and dough pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the banana.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and pipe into 2 - 4 inch tubes with a pastry bag filled with a star tip.
- Fry in 350°F oil until golden brown.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar or if you would like more of a pronounced banana flavor use plain granulated sugar.
- While the churros are still warm, dust with cinnamon sugar.