Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Very nice recipe I found online. Never made it, but sounds yummy!
- 1 (18 ounce) packagechocolate butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 -8 medium bananas, divided for the layers
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided for layers
- grated chocolate (optional)
- Combine cake ingredients following cake mix directions.
- Bake in 2 round pans for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool on wire racks.
- Mix the pudding following the directions; set aside.
- Peel bananas, slice into 1/4 inch circles into a bowl.
- Slice cooled cake lengthwise through center (there should be 4 thin cakes). Place 1 into large bowl or trifle dish.
- Spread with 1/3 of the pudding.
- Layer some the banana slices over pudding.
- Add 1/4 Cool Whip over bananas layer.
- Repeat: cake layer, pudding, bananas and Cool Whip.
- Layer once more with cake, then remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired.
Ditto Bogey'sMom. I think it is a wonderful recipe for a new cook. I have had this dish before and it IS good. Thank You Ocean~Ivy and welcome to 'zaar.
I have tried this before and it was really good and the presentation was nice. Thank you for posting this recipe as I had forgotten all about it!
Thanks for sharing. I won't rate it since I haven't made it yet, but it sounds like this might be great for a beginner cook to try to build confidence. Gonna pass it along to my daughter.