Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A moist fluffy banana cake with a rich creamy decadent dark chocolate filling
For the Banana Cake
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 bananas, mashed
For the Filling
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, melted (for a sweeter filling use semi-sweet)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg white
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract, vinegar, and banana into a bowl and mix until mostly smooth, put half of the batter in bunt pan and set aside.
- Add melted chocolate, milk, and egg white into a bowl and beat. Add mixture into bunt pan be sure the chocolate does not touch the side of the pan.
- Add the rest of the batter and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
We made it for company last night and everyone loved it. The cake was white/golden browned (the picture with this recipe looks more chocolaty to me). It wasn't very sweet--I think it would be nice as a brunch cake. I might make it again today.
this recipe is very good taste great everyone loved it i added walnuts turned out great thankyou food frenzy
Really nice cake it isn't to sweet yet it has great flavor and is really good with a cup of Earl Grey. What can I say about Food Frenzy's recipe but that it is a definite keeper :)