Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 8 large spring rolls or 8 large egg roll wraps
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 4 small bananas, ripe and sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay two spring roll wrappers on a clean work surface; brush wrappers lightly with melted butter.
- Slice the bananas in half on the diagonal.
- Place one banana half in the lower third portion of the wrapper and cover with the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the chocolate and top with the remaining banana half; roll into a tight package.
- Continue until all bananas and wrappers are rolled.
- Place the finished banana rolls on the lined baking tray and brush tops and edges with butter.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes on the baking tray and serve when golden brown.
These were very good however the bittersweet made the rolls too bitter in my opinion so I added a drizzle of honey to the rolls before rolling them up and it melted into the chocolate making it more of a semi sweet.
these were tasty! great idea for a dessert. we served them after making asian food for dinner and they fit the theme well! they take no time at all and are simple! great recipe
Divine, divine, divine what more can I say but divine...........what a wonderful dessert, so easy to put together and we all loved them.