1 hr 10 mins
Tisy Adams's Note:
A great cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
For the topping
For the garnish
- 1/2 cup sweetened banana chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3In a blender or food processor, process bananas until almost smooth, about a minute.
- 4Add sour cream; blend until combined, About 15 seconds.
- 5In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, walnuts and melted butter.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 7In a large bowl, using and electric mixer set on medium speed, beat 1/2 cup butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add eggs; beat 30 seconds.
- 9Add flour mixture, alternating with banana mixture; continue beating until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute longer.
- 10Gently fold sugar-walnut mixture into batter.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 12Bake cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- 13Transfer the pan to a wire rack; cool slightly.
- 14Making the topping:.
- 15In a medium saucepan, heat half and half and pudding mix over medium heat, whicking constantly, until mixture boils, 12-15 minutes.
- 16Remove from heat; cover with plastic wrap.
- 17Assembling the cake:.
- 18Turn cake onto serving platter.
- 19Using a straw, poke holes into cake, about 1 inch apart and at least 1 inch deep.
- 20Pour half the warm pudding slowly over cake, allowing it to fill the holes.
- 21Smooth remaining pudding across top with a rubber spatula.
- 22Let cake stand until pudding is set, about 10 minutes.
- 23Arrange banana chips on top of the cake before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-chocolate Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 262.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: