Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great cake!
Make and share this Banana-chocolate Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into thirds
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
For the topping
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
For the garnish
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened banana chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, process bananas until almost smooth, about a minute.
- Add sour cream; blend until combined, About 15 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, walnuts and melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, using and electric mixer set on medium speed, beat 1/2 cup butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs; beat 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with banana mixture; continue beating until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute longer.
- Gently fold sugar-walnut mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack; cool slightly.
- Making the topping:.
- In a medium saucepan, heat half and half and pudding mix over medium heat, whicking constantly, until mixture boils, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Assembling the cake:.
- Turn cake onto serving platter.
- Using a straw, poke holes into cake, about 1 inch apart and at least 1 inch deep.
- Pour half the warm pudding slowly over cake, allowing it to fill the holes.
- Smooth remaining pudding across top with a rubber spatula.
- Let cake stand until pudding is set, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange banana chips on top of the cake before serving.