Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great when you need a quick chocolate fix or an after school snack for the kids.
Make and share this Banana Chocolate Oven Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 85.04 g chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread each tortilla on one side with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter. Cut each one into quarters.
- Heat the remaining butter with the sugar in a skillet. In about 3 minutes, when the sugar dissolves, add the bananas and stir. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until golden and somewhat soft. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and gently stir to combine.
- Make four "sandwiches":
- Put a tortilla-quarter, butter-side down, on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Put a few chocolate chips in the center.
- Top with a spoonful of the banana mixture and more chocolate chips, and cap off with another tortilla-quarter, butter-side up.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Perfect for a quick chocolate fix - made this in a manner of minutes!! Didn't use sugar with the bananas - but might add a bit next time. The tortillas came out crunchy and sweet (with the powdered sugar!) and the mix of chocolate and banana is HEAVEN!! Thanks Susie! :)
Rich, sinful & ea bite is absolute heaven! How could it not be w/a combo of buttery, caramel-flavored banana & chocolate? I used reg 8-in flour tortillas & all else as written. This was so easy-to-fix & IMO best as 4 servings w/a little butter pecan or vanilla ice cream. I swoon at the thot & intend to make it happen. Thx for sharing this yummy treat w/us, SQ. :-)