Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband loves this, I always have to make 2 loaves, it goes very fast.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature,slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt; mix well.
- Dissolve baking powder and baking soda in sour cream; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in mashed banana.
- Gradually stir in flour, followed by chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
What a delicious cake, the texture was moist and the chocolate-banana combo made it especially tasty. This was also very easy to make. However, I reduced the sugar to 1 cup (as the chocolate added to the sweetness), and I also reduced the amount of chocolate chips so that it won't overshadow the banana flavor. My cake took less than an hour to bake as well. Overall an awesome recipe, thanks!!
Dancer this is good!! My daughter the chocoaholic loved it. This is good for a anytime snack. Also easy to make!! Thanks for posting it!!
I think there was too much chocolate chips that it kinda overpowered the banana flavor. It also took longer than 1 1/2 hours for me to bake it. I had to put foil over it during the last 20 minutes or so to prevent it from overburning. But I love that it was soft and moist! Consistency wise was great. =)