Recipe by Dancer^
My husband loves this, I always have to make 2 loaves, it goes very fast.
Top Review by Emgei
What a delicious cake, the texture was moist and the chocolate-banana combo made it especially tasty. This was also very easy to make. However, I reduced the sugar to 1 cup (as the chocolate added to the sweetness), and I also reduced the amount of chocolate chips so that it won't overshadow the banana flavor. My cake took less than an hour to bake as well. Overall an awesome recipe, thanks!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature,slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt; mix well.
- Dissolve baking powder and baking soda in sour cream; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in mashed banana.
- Gradually stir in flour, followed by chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.